Translate

Tuesday 5 August 2014

Yudh - Episode 14 review. Beware of minor spoilers.

Politics - commercial, judicial and personal - have coloured the show, Yudh, so far. Politics that are slowly eating away at Yudhishtir Siwarkar and, incidentally, at his family and friends.

Six episodes to go, after this one, and there are still many things that are cropping up every episode. I'm a bit worried that they won't have enough time to resolve all of them. I could be wrong and I hope I am.

My complains from the last two episodes are not unfounded yet, sadly. Yudh is still, mostly, sidelined as his world continues to crumble and he is barely more than a helpless observer.

Anand gets out of jail and that is still a mystery as to why he was in jail and then let out with equal ease! Rishi starts to investigate the mine blasts and with remarkably little effort, gets the man responsible in trouble. In the meanwhile, Nayan decides to go to Rishi because, well, she is as tired as we are with all the shenanigans Shanti Constructions has had to ensue.

Yet, there was one scene that I admired quite a bit and it was the one where Taruni's parents sit Taruni down and give her a very solid reason as to why she should discontinue her active connection with Yudh. I thought that scene made a lot of sense given that, in the utterly small world they live in, her step-father is the one who is investigating Yudh's mentor, in turn giving ample evidence to audit Yudh as well. However, you would think that would raise some red flags in Taruni's mind, but there she is by his side, by the end of the episode.

The show didn't grow much from last night, as it did just deepen the mystery. My dad and I had quite a debate about where this show is going and was pleasantly surprised to see that I wasn't the only one to see the amount of potential this show has, but sad to see it not being realised. Six more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment