Translate

Tuesday 22 July 2014

Yudh - Episode 6 review. Beware of minor spoilers.

All this while I kept feeling that the show was getting more interesting as it advanced, but I was not prepared for the WTF I witnessed tonight! Seriously, WTF? Not that I haven't seen my fair share of twists before, but tonight's episode brought about its twists when I least expected it! (No, I'm not going to explain that moment and spoil majorly when I've warned only for minor spoilers!)

There was this sudden break in atmosphere, an unexpectedly pleasant one, when there was a sudden death, a not-so-subtly suggestive scene of varying sexualities (surprising how well Hindi entertainment is treating this topic - Dedh Ishqiya) and a typically Anurag Kashyap scene when a man took a selfie with Mona, whom he had incapacitated earlier.

Yudh finally calls a press conference to explain his illness and make an attempt to stop all the problems this secrecy is causing. This press conference is brought on at the suggestion by Taruni. Taruni starts to find it difficult to explain her inclination to help Yudh no matter what, to her boyfriend. Taruni, like Yudh's doctor, gets an attempt on her life but escapes unscathed. This whole block of the episode, I realised, has a major issue I wasn't able to shake off - how come Yudh readily agrees to go public with his illness when Taruni suggests after taking such trouble to not let it happen and why are Yudh's doctors being targeted to get some information that Taruni's boyfriend obtained so easily?

In this episode, some of the parallel storylines took further shape without clouding the main storyline. The show proceeds to produce a mystery that seems to be much bigger than just the Malik-Siwarkar rivalry. That seems to be an interesting turn of events and is what, it seems, will likely fuel the next few episodes if not the rest (hopefully it is not some Moriarty-ruining-Sherlock's-legacy kind of a thing because Moriarty did it too brilliantly to be repeated :-P). Either way, 14 more episodes to go and I'm looking forward to them with much anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment